Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Reduced blood platelets, Increased risk of infection, Decreased white blood cell count, Hair loss, Bronchospasm, Diarrhoea, Esophagitis, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Inflammation of the rectum.
5 Flucel 250mg Injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
- Both, women of childbearing potential and men must use appropriate contraception during treatment with fluorouracil and for 6 months after stopping it.
- Men should seek advice on the conservation of sperm due to the possibility of irreversible infertility due to using fluorouracil.
- For topical application, wash hands carefully before and after use. Avoid contact with mucous membranes, eyes, eyelids, nostrils, mouth, and on open cuts when applying the cream.
- Topical use of fluorouracil may make the treated area become red, followed by inflammation/swelling, along with some discomfort and skin erosion followed by eventual healing. This is the expected normal response to the treatment and shows that fluorouracil is working. However, if symptoms worsen, talk to your doctor.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or other forms of ultraviolet irradiation during topical fluorouracil treatment.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as fluorouracil may affect your nervous system and cause visual changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.