Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it.
Uses of Lactobacillus
Lactobacillus is used in the treatment of diarrhoea, infectious diarrhoea and diarrhoea associated with antibiotics.
Side effects of Lactobacillus
Lactobacillus is a live micro-organism, when given in adequate amount, provides health benefits. It restores the balance of good bacteria (microorganisms) in the intestine that may get upset with the use of antibiotics or due to intestinal infections.
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefpodoxime to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Cefpodoxime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- If you're on blood thinners, Cefpodoxime can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
- Avoid taking Lactobacillus along with steroids (medications that weaken the immune system) as they might increase the chances of getting sick.
- Notify your doctor if you are pregnant.
- Notify your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
- Take Lactobacillus at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics. This is because taking Lactobacillus along with the antibiotics can reduce their effectiveness.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Acrocef LB Tablet DT is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Avoid prolonged use of Acrocef LB Tablet DT, since it may have possible effects such as rash and diarrhea.
Acrocef LB Tablet DT may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Acrocef LB Tablet DT should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Acrocef LB Tablet DT may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Acrocef LB Tablet DT in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.