- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cetirizine because you may feel sleepy.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects: changes in vision, severe dry mouth, trouble urinating, constipation or drowsiness.
- Do not start or continue the cetirizine tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine or any of the other ingredients of cetirizine tablet.
- If you have severe kidney problem or severe liver problem.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered before taking cetirizine tablets in case of any following disease conditions such as fits, severe kidney impairment, intolerance to sugars.
Alcet 10mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
Alcet 10mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Alcet 10mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Larger doses or prolonged use of Alcet 10mg Tablet may cause sleepiness and other effects in the baby
Alcet 10mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Alcet 10mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Alcet 10mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease. May cause excessive sleepiness in patients with end stage kidney disease.
Alcet 10mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Alcet 10mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.