- Gluconil helps to control blood sugar level and avoid long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) along with Gluconil.
- Take Gluconil 30 minutes before meal, preferably your first large meal of the day.
- Learn how to identify and manage symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) such as sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, and headache, and teach your family as well.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Gluconil.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver diseases.
Alcohol intake may increase or decrease the blood sugar lowering action in an unpredictable way
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Gluconil 5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Gluconil 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Monitoring of the breastfed infant's blood glucose is advisable during maternal therapy with Gluconil 5mg Tablet
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is low or high. If this happens, do not drive.
Gluconil 5mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Gluconil 5mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
These patients can experience very low blood sugar levels with this medicine, which may take a long time to come back to normal
Gluconil 5mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Gluconil 5mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.