- Glucosil helps to control blood sugar level and avoid long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) along with Glucosil.
- Take Glucosil 30 minutes before meal, preferably your first large meal of the day.
- Learn how to identify and manage symptoms of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) such as sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, and headache, and teach your family as well.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Glucosil.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver diseases.
Alcohol intake may increase or decrease the blood sugar lowering action in an unpredictable way
Glucosil 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Glucosil 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Monitor the breastfed baby’s blood sugar during treatment with Glucosil 5mg Tablet
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is low or high. If this happens, do not drive.
Glucosil 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.
Glucosil 5mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Glucosil 5mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Glucosil 5mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease. They can experience very low blood sugar levels while taking this medicine.